|Metal Building for West Point, Mississippi
Build and Buy Online!
Recommended Installation Methods of Insulation
Roof insulation rolls are cut to lengths that will cover the distance from eave to eave, leaving a one-foot overhang on each side of the building.
1) Start at the end of the building and temporarily secure one end of the roll by attaching the insulation to the eave strut with double-faced tape.
2) Pull the insulation across the purlins with the vapor barrier toward the building interior. Double-faced tape attached to the opposite end of the insulation will keep tension on the roof roll while the metal panels are being attached over the insulation.
3) Install the next roll in the same manner, making sure the rolls are stretched tight, aligned properly and closely butted.
4) Fasten tabs using one of the methods described on the following page. Any rips or tears must be covered with matching facing tape to ensure a tight vapor seal.
5) Trim excess insulation flush to prevent it from acting as a wick and moving water into the building.
Two things must be present for condensation to occur: warm moist air and cool surface temperatures below the dew point. The proper control of these two factors can minimize condensation.
In metal buildings, we are concerned with two different areas or locations: visible condensation which occurs on exposed surfaces below dew point temperatures, and concealed condensation which occurs when moisture has passed through the vapor retarder and into interior roof and/or wall cavities and then condenses on a surface below dew point temperature.
Constructing a Large Steel Building
Have you considered all of your steel building options? There are many types of standard buildings to choose from, but they are not the only option. Buildings can be finished with a multitude of options and accessories. Your land and location will control some of the parameters of the kind of structure you need. Aside from these factors you can make the choices based on your preferences. Windows, skylights and panel styles can be individually selected to comprise a personal metal building kit.
Pre-engineered metal building plans are just the starting point from which you can select options and accessories. Configuring your building may sound like a small deal, but it determines the type building you will purchase. Not every large steel building is intended to be a large shop. When you work with the manufacturer you can customize a structure with a polished look and feel. Regard your steel metal building as a low cost alternative to traditional construction.
Gutters & Downspouts
These are generally not required on steel buildings. However, use of these components often enhances the appearance of a building, control drip, splash and drainage.
Gutters and downspouts are an optional accessory that serves as trim. Gutters dramatically improve the appearance of buildings, and we recommend them for most building applications. Downspouts control the water falling from the roof, preventing the water from splashing up on the sides of the building.
On every Metal Building Depot building, die-formed ridge caps are used to cover the peak opening in the center ridge of the building. Some sellers provide a ridge roll cover that must be sealed with closures. Installing ridge roll trim is not an easy task. Over time the exposed foam closures deteriorate and there can be potential leak problems. Our die-formed ridge caps match the panel profile perfectly and are formed to fit the pitch of the roof. Die-formed ridge caps create an almost seamless transition across the roof.
Framed Opening Cover Trim
Full cover trim. Provides head and jamb cover trim and sill trim if applicable, so that no red iron is visible at the opening.Thank you for visiting Metal Building for West Point, Mississippi. We provide the best service and prices when shopping for metal buildings or steel buildings.